Saturday, August 11, 2007

Domestic Violence

Last night I had one of my brothers friends show up on my doorstep. His phone rang at almost the same time as I opened the door. After hearing a rather intriguing one-sided conversation I asked him what the hell was going on. His response was that he was going to jail for domestic violence.

Now I have to tell you that I was shocked. Not that he's perfect by any means, and him and his girlfriend fight A LOT, but abuse? No way! I couldn't imagine it. So after getting the whole story I am saddened by how I'm afraid this is going to go down. I'm not necessarily saying he was right, but I understand where he was coming from.

For the past month or so Jane has been hitting him and pushing him around. He would tell her to stop and try to ignore it. Sometimes it was done in jest, other times not so much, but every time it was hard. Well, last night they were fighting yet again and she demanded that he leave. He told her that he would, but he wanted to finish changing his daughter's diaper first. As their baby lay on top of the three foot high changing table she started pushing him. He told her to knock it off because if he fell, Susie might as well. She continued to push and when he finally yelled at her to KNOCK IT OFF she picked up the very dirty diaper and threw it at his head. Then she smacked him across the face. He snapped and pushed her down. That's it.... he pushed her. Well, in the fall she split open her lip and called the cops as he walked out the front door.

Now Mike is probably going to go to jail and Susie is going to be left with a very unhinged mother who thinks nothing of drinking and driving with her daughter in the car. The police have already completely bought her story and it doesn't seem to matter what Mike has to say at all. He's the man and he shouldn't be pushing around a woman.

Well I say a very resounding Fuck That! I think anyone, male or female, has the right to defend themselves. How can woman fight for equal rights and then turn around and cry about someone hitting them back. I say if you want to hit your significant other then you'd better be able to take it in return. I'm so sick and fucking tired of seeing men tired of being treated the way Mike was, or even worse, get the shaft when they finally do something about it. I can't believe that he is going to have his life ruined and lose his daughter because of the fucking lame ass "damsel in distress" bullshit Jane is pulling. Everyone has seen her totally lose her shit at one time or another and Mike typically doesn't respond well, but he NEVER hit her... even though I would have in the situation. There's even been a time that I had to lock her out of my house because of the shit she was pulling. I have two young kids and I don't need them to see that.

I guess all I can do at this point is hope that the judge can see through her phony good girl bullshit and truly see the psycho bitch underneath it all. And if he does I hope Mike goes after custody of Susie with all he has. I'll be there to back him up through the whole ordeal!

No comments: