Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Shopping and Children

I swear I am so flipping tired of going to a store and dealing with the judgmental people there. It's really starting to get to me and I can't believe some of he things they say to whom ever is with them like I'm not going to say something back!

Awhile back I took my son to Wal-Mart with me. While walking along near the toy aisle he slipped and fell, bumping his knee into the corner of a shelf. I'm sure it hurt like hell, so he began crying. He was not screaming, merely crying in pain. That is a perfectly normal reaction of a four year old child. Well, shortly after that a couple came around the corner and gave me the nastiest look ever. The husband proceeded to say lound enough so that I would hear, "Some people reaslly need to keep their children at home if they can't behave in public."

Seriously, I think to myself, he did not just say that.

I looked up and asked him what the hell his problem was. His reply was that he's tired f spoiled, whiny brats being allowed out in public places. Yes, he did say that... exactly those words. And if that wasn't asinine enough, his wife added that some people just shouldn't be allowed to have children if they can't learn how to break them. Break them? They aren't fucking horses, lady! God, I hope she doesn't have any children.

I look at them and ask them exactly how a four year old is supposed to react when he slips and smacks his knee on the fucking corner of a shelf. The only answer I got was an in unison eyeroll. What the fuck ever... I just left, feeling proud that I managed to walk away without strangling both of them.

I get that some kids are wild and out of control in stores and restaurants, but not every kid is. There is never a reason to make those particular comments unless you saw what happened and you know that the child is definitely being out of control and crazy.

Ugh! I know this isn't particularly coherent, but I'm irritated right now and couldn't care less. Maybe I'll edit it more later.

No comments: