Thursday, August 16, 2007

Moving

Why does moving have to be such a big freaking deal? It's exhausting to even think about!

By the end of the month we're moving to a warmer climate and it's totally nerve-wracking. Moving that far away is just such a daunting ask. I have to prioritize my belongings for the first time in my life. What can I get rid of? What is a necessity? What would I prefer not to have to replace? What is irreplaceable? What has sentimental value? So many questions running through my head at all times of the day. I can't help but classify every item as I look at it or use it. Even now, as I sit in my chair, I wonder if it would be better to get a new chair when I move.

I HATE getting rid of things. I know it'd be a cheaper move, but I worked so hard to have what I have and to have things that I actually like. Now I may be starting all over again. I've been reminded over and over again that I can surely find things I like in the state I'm moving to. I ant to scream every single time I hear that.

On top of all that, it's not exactly fun moving to small kids and a large dog a few states away. I can't even begin to explain my trepidation of the actual move because of this.

I'm also moving away from everyone and everything I know. I'm close with my mother and when she moved three hours away it just absolutely killed me. Now I will be moving even further. I will only see my friends and family maybe two or three times a year. I'm used to seeing them for every holiday and event, but I can't really drive back and forth every month or two.

If there's anyone that's reading this; let me know how you have dealt with moving to an unfamiliar area before. Any tips for coping?

No comments: